Get public relations, marketing and journalism experience at Wake Forest Law by interning with the Communications and Public Relations Department.
The Department of Communications and Public Relations at Wake Forest Law seeks qualified student interns interested in getting hands-on experience in communications and public relations for spring, fall and summer semesters.
Responsibilities and opportunities
- Writing and editing news stories and press releases
- Reporting on and photographing events
- Interviewing law students, faculty, staff and alumni
- Conducting research
- Attending related meetings
- Assisting the staff in preparing social media posts and reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements, skills and abilities
- Strong writing, editing and organizational skills
- Experience writing using AP style preferred
- Ability to contribute in individual and team settings
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines
- Willingness and ability to learn and try new things
- InDesign, photography and web publishing skills
- Minimum 2.5 GPA
Course credit is given in accordance with departmental guidelines (major or minor).
As a result of the internship, selected students will develop a range of skill sets expected of entry-level job candidates after college.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and no more than three relevant writing samples to Lisa Snedeker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Finalist interviews will be scheduled based around candidate’s schedules.
Visit our news site at http://law.wfu.edu/news