Promote Your Event
So you or your student group has invited a fascinating speaker or speakers to campus and they have accepted! Or you have been given the responsibility for organizing a daylong event, such as a journal symposium. The first thing you must do is check dates on the law school event calendar. Once you have determined a date that is free of other conflicts at the law school and/or during an activity hour, please submit the event to in DeaconSpace. Include a description of your event in the attach file area of DeaconSpace. You may also email details (up to 1,000 characters) to email@example.com. Then you can confirm dates with your speaker(s).
Once you have confirmed your event and room booking in DeaconSpace and it has been approved by the Events Department, following is a checklist that will ensure you get the most publicity for your event/speaker!
Event Marketing Checklist
• Create comprehensive paragraph explaining the event, ie. the who, the what, the why, the when and the where. Add this to your event on the law school calendar and your organization’s social media as an event on Facebook, for example. To add to digital billboards on the first floor, use these digital billboard templates.
• If your event involves a national speaker, for example, and you would like help publicizing your event, please fill out our request for publicity form.
For Journal Symposia Editors Only
• Compile list of speakers and schedule (make sure this is posted on your journal website as well)
• Submit request for a postcard and decide who it needs to be mailed to including other law school deans and professors (at least six weeks in advance)
• Submit request and all content for program (at least two weeks in advance)